Nothing is better than thyme buttered roasted plum pie wrap bake brie. Fast, easy and most importantly incredibly delicious. The puff pastry to be purchased from the shop is wrapped around the creamy brie cheese, baked until the pastry is golden and the brie is warm and melted. Finish with sweet maple and thyme buttered plums for a really mouth watering appetizer which is perfect for those late summer days. Serve it at your next party, upcoming match day or as an easy appetizer. Either way, everyone will thank you.
- 4 plums, sliced
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, plus more for serving
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 8 ounce wheel brie cheese
- 1 (rounded) tablespoon fig jam/preserves
- 1 egg, beaten
- coarse sugar, for sprinkling
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium baking dish, combine the plums, butter, maple, and thyme. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, until the plums caramelize.
- Meanwhile, lay the puff pastry flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the brie in the center of the pastry and remove a little of the rind from the top of the brie. I leave the rind on the bottom and sides intact. Spread the fig jam overtop of the brie and then fold the corners of the pastry over the brie. Brush the pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is deep golden brown.
- To serve, spoon the plums over the brie. Top with fresh thyme. EAT and enjoy with your favorite bread or crackers…or just with a spoon.