Olive Oil Pecan Pumpkin Bread – Rich and flavorful, easy to make pumpkin bread with olive oil and pecans.
A.K.A Your new favorite Pumpkin Bread! A.K.A. The pumpkin bread that’s coming with me on Thursday.
Hey Hey, buddies! Happy Thanksgiving week! More importantly, Happy SHORT working WEEK!! Well, unless you’re in retail, then, uhm, forgive me?
So, how was your weekend? I had BIG plans, but the dang snow that decided to greet us on Saturday forced me to stay inside and hang out with Kendall Jackson… I ain’t complainin’.
As long as we’re being honest… I didn’t get out of my pajamas on Saturday, either. I put on a fancy robe over them because I needed to at least feel fancy while hanging with Chardonnay. But that was about it.
This bread starts with the aforementioned beautiful Fall ingredient, however, olive oil and pecans take this classic to the next level. If I had to brag about it, I’d say that this bread is the epitome of Fall. Also, using olive oil instead of the typical butter gives this bread a rich depth of flavor and makes it incredibly moist. Apologies to those that hate the word “moist” when describing cakes and breads – would you rather me say “damp”? That sounds kinda gross. haha
Anywho. FYI? Thick slices are the way to go with this guy. And the addition of pecans? I don’t know if I can ever eat pumpkin bread without them things again. What’s more is that each slice gives off those fall crisp flavors that we all love so much, and it goes perfectly with a cup of EGGNOG! Scouts honor. It tastes GREAT! Oh yeah, I’ve already opened up the eggnog. HEY, don’t judge, boo-boo. Target has had Christmas decorations up for like 2 months now… getting ahead on my cup of eggnog only a month before Christmas ain’t too bad.
also also?? You can freeze this beauty for up to 3 months. OR you can make it this Wednesday night and have it ready to be torn apart on Thanksgiving Day! Just trying to help you out with the menu, that’s all.
- 1-1/2cups all purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1cup sugar
- 1/2-cup STAR Butter Flavored Olive Oil
- 2large eggs
- 1cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch loaf pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Place flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices in a large mixing bowl; whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together sugar and olive oil; whisk until well blended.
- Add eggs, pumpkin and vanilla; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and, using a wooden spoon, stir until combined. Stir in the pecans and let batter stand 15 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the previously prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Cool in pan for ten minutes; turn the bread out onto a rack and cool completely.
Storage & Freezing
Cool the quick bread completely before wrapping and freezing. To freeze, wrap securely in aluminum foil and place in freezer bags. When ready to bake, thaw completely at room temperature before baking.