Perfectly golden, soft and juicy skinless, boneless chicken hips prepared on the stove. This delicious pan seared chicken thigh makes a great dish that is surprisingly easy and the pan sauce is amazing!
THE BEST STOVE TOP CHICKEN THIGHS
Quick enough for a Thursday night dinner or even a dinner party, this Stove-Top Chicken Thigh recipe is technical. Cooked in olive oil and finished with butter, garlic and chicken broth, crispy, but tender and finger licking will cause good chicken thighs.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 pounds (about 6 chicken thighs) boneless skinless chicken thighs (you can also use chicken breasts)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth (you can also use wine or juice)
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken thighs with onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add seasoned chicken thighs to the skillet, smooth side down; cook for 5 minutes or until you can easily flip over the chicken.
- Flip and continue to cook for 6 to 7 more minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Add butter and minced garlic; cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth and stir around to scrape up all the crispy bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.