Juicy 3 Ingredients Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken cooked in sweet and tangy cranberry sauce tender to perfection!
But this leads perfectly to what I want to talk about next. 3 component dishes. The three components are a nice thing and exactly what you need for this juicy cranberry chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup French dressing (see note for my easy homemade version!)
- 1 15-ounce can whole cranberry cranberry sauce OR 1 cup homemade cranberry sauce
- optional 4th ingredient – *See Note*
- Lightly grease a slow cooker. Place chicken breasts in the bottom in a single layer.
- Whisk together French dressing and cranberry sauce. Pour over chicken. Turn chicken to coat all sides of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6 hours until chicken is cooked through. Garnish with toasted pine nuts and chopped parsley if desired and serve.
For homemade French dressing, combine 1 cup oil (I use vegetable oil, canola or olive would work as well), 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, and 2 teaspoons onion powder in a jar. Cover, shake until well combined. Taste the dressing and add salt and pepper to taste. Store chilled until ready to use.
**I adapted this recipe from one I found in my mother’s recipe files – hers called for 1 package of Lipton Onion Soup in addition to the French dressing and the Cranberry sauce. I have tried this and it is extra delicious so if you have a packet of the onion soup on hand I highly recommend adding that 4th ingredient!