Juicy and tender Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs is a quick and easy recipe for busy night or a crowd.
This is one of my favorite recipes for boneless skinless chicken thighs marinated, baked, and broiled in the oven. The final result; you will have juicy and tender aromatic chicken with mouthwatering caramelized BBQ sauce on top.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Wash and pat dry the chicken and put it in a gallon size zip-lock bag.
- Add the seasoning and olive oil.
- Close the bag, mix everything together, and marinate 1-24 hours.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet with a wire rack and bake at 400˚F for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170-175˚
- When done, brush BBQ sauce on top of the chicken.
- Set the oven broil and broil for about 5 minutes or until the BBQ sauce is caramelized.
- What type of chicken can I use in this recipe? In this recipe, I use boneless skinless chicken thighs. If you want, you also can use bone-in skin-on chicken thighs or chicken drumsticks. However, the cooking time will be different.
- What is the baking time for other type of chicken?
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs – bake for 20 minutes at 400˚F.
- Bone-in Skin-on Chicken Thighs – bake for 40-45 minutes at 400˚F.
- Chicken Drumsticks – bake for 50-60 minutes at 400˚F.
- How to know if chicken is cooked?
It’s very important to make sure that your chicken is completely cooked. Here are a few tips:
- The internal temperature of cooked chicken should be at least 165˚ Though, I prefer to cook mine till it’s 175˚F.
- The juices from the chicken should come out clear.
- If you have bones in the chicken, make sure that there is no meat with pinkish color on the bones.