A rich lime and island spicy marinade gives this easy-grilled Jamaican jerk chicken tone bold flavor and juicy, tender center.
the process is very simple. Throw a bunch of spices and peppers into a blender, mix until smooth, put in a bag with some chicken and store in the refrigerator for a few hours … then grill. done, done and done. So if you cut it into pieces, it consists of two parts. The first part, pickles, the second part) chicken. And it is the marinade that turns chicken into a flavor bomb.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 5 tablespoons oil
- juice of 4 limes (about 5-6 tablespoons)
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 4 habanero chile’s (stems and seeds removed), roughly chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine oil, lime juice, and next 9 ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until well blended. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Transfer remaining mixture into a large resealable bag. Add chicken, seal bag, and chill for 3-8 hours.
- Grease and preheat grill. Remove chicken from bag, discard the bag and remaining marinade. Grill chicken 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Brush reserved sauce over the chicken and grill 2-3 minutes longer on each side until cooked through (large chicken breasts may need some additional grilling time) Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired and serve immediately.
Prep and cooking time do not include 3-8 hours of marinating time for chicken.