Gluten Free Caramel Apple Pizza with Streusel Topping – A scrumptious dessert pizza that includes a gluten free pizza crust, apples, a drizzle of caramel, and a candy and crumbly streusel topping.
Hey, mates! Are you questioning about that pizza up there? Utterly scrumptious and completely satisfying! I’ve been consuming all of it weekend and I invite you to leap in on the enjoyable!
However, in all seriousness, apples lined in caramel and a streusel topping, and sitting atop this wonderful (and gluten-free) pizza crust is principally the very best factor to return out of my kitchen this Fall.
The entire pizza with apples and caramel is so on level and all made out of scratch, however the kicker is that this pizza crust AND its toppings are fully gluten free!
I’m not strictly a gluten-free baker by any means, however I really like baking recipes that everybody can get pleasure from and this recipe makes use of Argo’s Gluten Free Pizza Crust, so I knew I may belief the crust recipe would ship on style and outcomes.
Do you know that Argo® Corn Starch is gluten-free? Their baking powder is just too! And corn starch doesn’t solely thicken sauces and gravies, however it’s also utilized in gluten-free baking as a result of it provides construction and tenderness to baked items. Actually, certainly one of my favourite gluten-free blends is simply rice flour + Argo® Corn Starch. Works like a allure as a result of Argo® Corn Starch is flavorless, thus it permits the pure style of meals to shine via.
There have been plenty of topping-ideas to select from – and extra will be discovered at argostarch.com/Recipes/ – however I made a decision on this as a result of I really like easy Fall-themed goodies. Even if you happen to’re extra of a pepperoni-pizza fan, there’s no denying that this pizza-dessert goes to make you wish to thank me.
That is the way it all goes collectively. We are going to first make the pizza crust by combining Gluten Free Argo® Baking Powder together with your favourite gluten-free flour combine, some Fleischmann’s® Pizza Crust Yeast, water, and oil.
Whereas all that comes collectively, we’re going to slice up a few stunning Granny Smiths + take advantage of wonderful caramel topping with Argo® Corn Starch, butter, and Karo® Syrup. A mix of oats, brown sugar, and butter can even come collectively to create an ideal gluten free streusel topping that may take this pizza to entire new ranges.
For those who’re feeling additional daring, add some nuts to it. Possibly even chocolate chips! Heck, chop up your favourite chocolate sweet bar and toss it on there, then watch all of it disappear in minutes.
Gluten Free Pizza Crust
- 2cups Gluten-Free Flour Combine
- 3tablespoons sorghum flour
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon Argo® Baking Powder
- 1cup very heat water (120º to 130ºF)
- 1envelope Fleischmann’s® Pizza Crust Yeast
- 3tablespoons Further Virgin Olive Oil
Caramel Apple Topping
- 2Granny Smith Apples , cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3cup gentle brown sugar
- 2tablespoons Argo® Corn Starch
- 1/2teaspoon floor Cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 1-1/2tablespoons butter , melted
- 1-1/2tablespoons Karo® Syrup
- 1teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3cup gluten free flour combine
- 1/4cup gentle brown sugar
- 4tablespoons chilly butter
- 1/3cup gluten free oats
Gluten Free Pizza Crust
- In a mixing bowl, whisk collectively flours, sugar and salt; put aside.
- In your mixer’s bowl, mix water, yeast and 1 tablespoon oil ; stir to dissolve then add ½ cup of the flour combination and stir till properly blended.
- Enable to relaxation for 15 minutes or till combination turns into foamy.
- Add remaining flour combination to yeast combination.
- Set your mixer on medium velocity and blend for Three minutes.
- Scrape sides of bowl and collect dough right into a ball.
- Cowl bowl with a kitchen towel and put aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Line a 12-inch pizza pan with parchment paper and pour remaining olive oil onto parchment paper.
- With oiled palms, scrape dough out of blending bowl and onto oiled parchment paper.
- Unfold dough to desired thickness.
- Bake crust on decrease oven rack for 11 minutes or till edges start to brown.
- Take away from oven and let cool for a couple of minutes.
Caramel Apple Topping
- Organize apples on beforehand ready gluten free pizza crust.
- In a mixing bowl, mix brown sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, butter, corn syrup and vanilla.; combine till fully integrated.
- Spoon dollops of ready caramel over apples and put aside.
- Combine collectively the flour and brown sugar. Minimize within the chilly butter utilizing a pastry cutter; lower till it makes pea-sized crumbs.
- Stir within the oats.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake pizza for 10 to 12 minutes extra, or till apples are tender and streusel begins to brown.
- Take away from oven; lower and serve.