Garlic Chicken is a classic French recipe. Yes, you read it right, garlic cloves! In addition to flavor, garlic blends into a delicious and delicious chicken. A must try!
How to make chicken with cloves garlic recipe
Start by preheating the oven to 375 F. I cleaned my chicken thighs and cut them in half, so they got more surface area to absorb all this great flavor, but you can skip this step if you want. Heat the olive oil in a medium-large hot Dutch oven or in another large pan in your home. Cut the chicken from both sides. Don’t worry about cooking completely, they are completely cooked in the oven!
- 2 lbs chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 40 cloves garlic cleaned but kept whole
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven:Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Prepare chicken:Clean the chicken thighs, pat them dry and cut them in half.
- Cook chicken:In a large Dutch oven or oven proof skillet add the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs and cook on both sides just until they start to brown and are no longer pink. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Cook garlic: Add the cloves of garlic to the same skillet. Season with cumin, dill, thyme, salt, pepper and stir. Add the wine, stir a bit and scrape all the pieces from the bottom of the skillet, then cook for about 2 minutes just until the wine reduces a bit and the garlic starts to brown.
- Finish cooking: Stir in the chicken broth then add the chicken back to the skillet. Cover the skillet with a lid and place in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish and serve:Garnish with parsley and serve warm over rice or noodles.
Feel free to use whichever cut of chicken you prefer.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 419kcal (21%)Carbohydrates: 7g (2%)Protein: 25g (50%)Fat: 29g (45%)Saturated Fat: 7g (44%)Cholesterol: 148mg (49%)Sodium: 315mg (14%)Potassium: 404mg (12%)Vitamin A: 170IU (3%)Vitamin C: 7.1mg (9%)Calcium: 50mg (5%)Iron: 1.7mg (9%)