Easy way to enjoy fruit cake! Fruit Cake Cookies stuffed pineapple and candied cherries. Put icing on powdered sugar or cream cheese.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 cups chopped mixed nuts
- 1 pound deluxe mixed candied fruit
- ½ pound candied pineapple (finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick baking mats.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs.
- Add the flour to the dough, alternating with milk and mixing until all of the flour and milk is incorporated.
- Add the nuts and candied fruit. Mix well.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the baking sheets. You should get about 24 cookies.
- Bake until the cookies are set, about 25-27 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for about 3-4 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.