This simple Roasted Fruit Recipe is the right tasty dessert or snack served alone or as an addition to cake or ice cream.
On the peak of summer time, recent fruit is bountiful. I can hardly go by way of the produce part of any grocery retailer with out choosing up a number of handles of one thing, particularly ripe peaches and blueberries. I like the mix of the 2. Not solely in taste, however the complimentary colours of orange subsequent to the deep indigo blue violet are beautiful … so very pretty certainly!
Recent fruit is such a deal with to get pleasure from, particularly for a snack or at dessert time. Considered one of my favourite methods to arrange recent fruit is by roasting it together with a little bit of cinnamon and brown sugar, then loved heat all by itself or served over greek yogurt, ice cream or pound cake, or eaten alone with perhaps a dollop of whipped cream. It’s so easy, however boy is it ever so scrumptious! Not solely is it scrumptious, however roasting (baking) deepens the flavors of fruit and veggies, to not point out the added perk of fantastic aromas wafting all through your property too. A significantly better perfume than any air freshener you should buy, that’s for positive.
As I discussed earlier than, served heat, roasted fruit is completely stupendous alone or as a praise to yogurt, ice cream, pound cake or different desserts. It is going to be devoured up very quickly, I guarantee you! However when you do occur to have leftovers, cowl them and hold them refrigerated to make use of in smoothies, oatmeal, or greek yogurt. Heat or chilly, roasted fruit is a mighty tasty deal with.
- four peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 half cups recent blueberries
- 1/eight teaspoon floor cinnamon
- three tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Unfold sliced peaches and blueberries in baking dish. Sprinkled with cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Bake at 350-degrees F for about 20 minutes, then modify oven settings to a low broil and broil for about 5 minutes, or till bubbly.
- Serve heat, or let cool, cowl and refrigerate.