Splendidly crisp, tender, and simply melt-in-your mouth wonderful. May be served as an appetizer, facet dish or perhaps a mild principal dish!
It’s potato pancakes. A carboholic’s dream.
And through the use of refrigerated hash browns, these come along with 10 minutes prep. No wait. Extra like 7 minutes.
It’s also possible to add in your required toppings – like ham, bacon, pancetta, or possibly all three.
However even with out that bacon fats, these are nonetheless good on their very own, with a dollop of bitter cream. Or ketchup. Perhaps somewhat ranch blended with buffalo sauce…
Sorry, I digress.
My level is – you may eat these on their very own, with desired fill-ins, and/or your favourite dipping sauces.
Or you may eat them plain, over the kitchen counter, by your self.
That manner nobody judges you as your stuff four of those in the course of the night time with a glass of wine.
- 1 (20-ounce) package deal refrigerated hash brown potatoes*
- 1/four cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 giant eggs, crushed
- Three inexperienced onions, thinly sliced
- 1/four teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper, to style
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a big bowl, mix potatoes, Parmesan, flour, garlic, eggs, inexperienced onions and cayenne pepper; season with salt and pepper, to style.
- Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium excessive warmth. Scoop tablespoons of batter for every pancake, flattening with a spatula, and cook dinner till the underside is properly golden brown, about 2-Three minutes. Flip and cook dinner on the opposite facet, about 2 minutes longer.
- Serve instantly.
*four giant russet potatoes might be substituted, coarsely grated and drained utterly to extract as a lot liquid as attainable.