Rooster Tinga made with shredded hen, tomatoes, and chipotle chilis in adobo. Hearty and boldly flavored, this Mexican dish is ideal for tacos, burritos, tostadas, or as a foremost dish with rice and beans.
This hen tinga is one other scrumptious recipe I found on my latest journey to the shop. They’ve a cooked meals part the place you possibly can have a free (very) small cup to style check. I attempted the tinga, fell in love, and requested the attending employees for the listing of substances and process. So, right here it’s, an genuine tinga de pollo recipe so that you can strive!
What’s Tinga Meat
Whereas hen appears to be the hottest model, tinga will be made with pork or beef. Good cuts to make use of are pork shoulder or beef chuck roast that are glorious for stews.
Just like the hen, the pork or beef is first simmered in liquid and aromatics till fork-tender. It’s then shredded, sauteed in garlic and onions, and completed off within the spicy tinga sauce.
What’s in Tinga Sauce
Tinga sauce is a flavor-packed sauce made with tomatoes, chipotle peppers in adobo, and spices akin to dried Mexican oregano and cumin.
After I was doing my analysis for the dish, I additionally picked up a bottle of the commercially ready sauce to have an thought of the style I must be aiming for. The premade sauce had a touch of acidic taste and certain sufficient, the ingredient listing on the label included vinegar. The recipe beneath features a minute quantity of cider vinegar which you’ll be able to omit should you like.
When you love the daring flavors of Mexican meals, this hen tinga recipe is a should in your meal rotation. It’s simple to make with a brief listing of substances you will discover at most main supermarkets.
It’s prepared in minutes, freezable, and versatile, too! Double the recipe, get pleasure from half for lunch with rice, beans, and warmtortillas, and take a look at my recommendations beneath on different scrumptious makes use of.
Learn how to Serve Chicken Tinga
- As filling for enchiladas or burritos
- In heat corn tortillas as tacos or on crunchy corn tortillas as tostadas with chopped cilantro, crimson onions, and crumbled queso fresca
- High on baked potatoes
- On rice bowls with shredded lettuce and sliced avocados
Learn how to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Tinga
This spicy Mexican shredded hen takes about an hour to cook dinner on the stovetop however should you want much less tending, you can also make it within the sluggish cooker by following the tremendous simple steps beneath.
- In a blender, course of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, tomatoes, and 1/four cup hen broth till easy.
- In a crockpot, place hen in a single layer. Add tinga sauce, oregano, cumin, and salt.
- Cowl and cook dinner on LOW for five to six or till hen simply shreds with a fork.
- Take away hen from the pot, coarsely shred, and return to pot. Proceed to cook dinner for an additional 20 to 30 minutes or till heated.
Give this scrumptious hen dish a strive for dinner tonight! With simple cooking choices and lots of delicious makes use of, it’s excellent for busy weeknights. Benefit from the recipe and please come again tomorrow. I’ve cute piglet cupcakes you wouldn’t need to miss!
- 3 pounds chicken breast
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and pounded
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 can (7.5 ounces) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- In small, heavy-bottomed pot, organize hen breasts in a single layer. Add quartered onions, smashed garlic cloves, bay leaf, salt, peppercorns, and sufficient water to cowl.
- Deliver to a boil, skimming scum that floats on high. Decrease warmth, cowl, and cook dinner in a barely a simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes or till thermometer inserted within the thickest a part of hen reads 165 F.
- With a slotted spoon, take away hen from pot and permit to chill to the touch. Coarsely shred hen and preserve heat.
- Pressure liquid utilizing a positive mesh sieve. Discard bay leaf and peppercorns. Reserve the softened onions and garlic and 1 cup of the broth.
- In a blender, mix chipotle peppers together with sauce, tomatoes, the softened onion quarters, garlic, and 1 cup reserved broth.
- In a large pan over medium warmth, warmth oil. Add onions and cook dinner till softened.
- Add pureed chipotle tomato sauce, vinegar, cumin, and oregano. Deliver to a simmer for about 2 to three minutes.
- Add shredded hen and proceed to cook dinner for about 7 to 10 minutes or till heated and sauce is thickened.
- Season with salt, if wanted. Serve sizzling.