This Crockpot Salsa Chicken requires only 3 items. It was embarrassingly friendly, full of flavor and very tasty!
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
If you try this in your Instant Pot, be sure to add 1/4 glass of water with salsa and chicken to the pot. This is to prevent your IP from receiving a “write” message. Cover the pan with the lid and cook for 10 minutes at HIGH pressure, then release the pressure immediately.
If you’re looking for a chopped chicken meal at HIGH pressure for 15 minutes, let it go naturally for 5 minutes.
Good news: You can use the frozen chicken in the Instant Pot!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts boneless, skinless (about 4)
- 2 cups salsa mild
- 1 cup Mexican Blend cheese shredded
- Prepare chicken: Place whole chicken breasts in your crockpot then pour the salsa over each breast.
- Cook:Cook anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low, you don’t want to cook it longer because it will start falling apart.
- Preheat your oven to 425 F degrees.
- Add Cheese:Transfer the chicken to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Spoon some of the leftover salsa over the chicken. Sprinkle each breast with cheese, about 1/4 cup of cheese for each breast.
- Bake: Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and is bubbling.
- It’s not really recommended to cook frozen chicken in the slow cooker as there’s risk of bacteria contaminating the meat before it reaches a safe temperature. I would thaw it out in the microwave first for a few minutes before actually adding it to the slow cooker.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1breastCalories: 396kcal (20%)Carbohydrates: 9g (3%)Protein: 56g (112%)Fat: 14g (22%)Saturated Fat: 6g (38%)Cholesterol: 171mg (57%)Sodium: 1374mg (60%)Potassium: 1233mg (35%)Fiber: 2g (8%)Sugar: 5g (6%)Vitamin A: 875IU (18%)Vitamin C: 5.2mg (6%)Calcium: 235mg (24%)Iron: 1.5mg (8%)