This creamy, hearty orzo dish makes for the perfect vegetarian facet dish ever! Loaded with mushrooms, spinach and freshly grated Parmesan cheese for essentially the most wonderful garlic Parmesan cream sauce. You may also add rooster and switch this right into a important dish!
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- eight ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- Three garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon recent thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 half cups low sodium vegetable broth
- half cup half and half
- half cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper, to style
- Three cups shredded child spinach
- In a big pot of boiling salted water, prepare dinner pasta in keeping with package deal directions; drain properly.
- Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add mushrooms and shallot, and prepare dinner, stirring often, till tender, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in garlic and thyme till aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour till calmly browned, about 1 minute. Regularly whisk in vegetable broth, and prepare dinner, whisking always, till included, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in half and half and Parmesan, and prepare dinner, whisking always, till barely thickened, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to style.
- Stir in orzo and spinach till the spinach has wilted, about Three minutes.
- Serve instantly.