This creamy white wine chicken is straightforward sufficient to make on a weeknight however adequate for firm! Prepared in solely 30 minutes.
We pan-fry the chicken so it’s calmly golden, after which we make the sauce.
Oh, that sauce!
The simple white wine sauce for chicken is nice as a result of it has minimal components however loads of taste. I used Herbs de Provence (a herb mix that features lavender – see what I did there?!) to present the sauce a particular contact, however be at liberty to sub with Italian seasoning. Herbs de Provence is fantastic with chicken, so I all the time hold a jar in my pantry.
The chicken melts in your mouth.
What to serve with creamy white wine chicken
Serve it over pasta or with mashed or roasted potatoes. For a vegetable I’d steam some broccolini, carrots, and even serve sweet corn with it. Or make a lightweight salad to offset that cream.
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 pinch Herbs de Provence (or Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Lower your chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make Four thinner cutlets. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper and garlic powder, then dredge them in flour in order that they’re properly coated.
- Add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter to a skillet over medium-high warmth. As soon as the pan is sizzling, add the chicken and cook dinner for 4-5 minutes/aspect till golden. Take the chicken out of the pan and put aside (hen should not be totally cooked but).
- Add the wine and chicken broth to the pan and let it bubble for a few minute. Stir to scrape up any bits from the underside of the pan.
- Add the remaining butter and the Herbs de Provence to the pan, and proceed simmering for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and hen again into the pan. Cut back the warmth to medium and cook dinner for an additional 5 minutes or till the hen is cooked via and the sauce has thickened up a bit. Season with additional salt & pepper if wanted.