This Chocolate Strawberry Silk Pie is so silky clean and has such a daring and wealthy taste. If you’re a chocolate connoisseur, that is the pie for you! It begins with an Oreo Cookie Pie Crust, full of the scrumptious silky chocolatey filling and topped with pleasant sweetened whip cream and lovely strawberries.
**As a phrase of warning, this recipe does comprise uncooked eggs, which is what makes this a French Silk Pie. Uncooked eggs at all times pose the danger for salmonella so be sure you use recent, refrigerated, clear, excessive grade and pasteurizedeggs to scale back the danger. Pregnant individuals, older of us, younger kids, infants and other people with compromised immune programs are at the next threat for getting salmonella.
My mother and I obtained collectively to make and check a couple of recipes a pair weeks in the past and this Chocolate Strawberry Silk Pie was positively one of many greatest hits. It’s candy and wealthy and completely wonderful! The strawberries are clearly elective, however I’ve at all times cherished the chocolate-strawberry combo and thought it could be a scrumptious addition to the recipe.
What’s the distinction between French Silk and Chocolate Cream Pies:
Chocolate Cream Pies are typically full of pudding whereas French Silk Pies comprise eggs, butter, and chocolate.
Why is my Chocolate Silk Pie Grainy:
Utilizing ultrafine sugar will assist cut back graininess. I exploit common granulated sugar after I can’t discover the ultrafine and simply make certain to beat it lengthy sufficient. I’ve by no means had any issues but however that is one query that’s generally requested. Utilizing ultrafine sugar and/or beating lengthy sufficient assist to scale back the grainy texture.
- 26 Oreos
- 5 Tablespoons melted butter
- four oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- four pasteurized eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Scorching Fudge to garnish
- In a meals processor mix Oreos till small crumbs.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix Oreos and melted butter and blend properly.
- Press Oreos evenly in a 9 inch pie pan to make the crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small microwave protected bowl, soften chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring in between every increment till clean. Let settle down and put aside.
- In a big bowl, cream and beat butter and sugar for about 2 minutes till fluffy. Add melted chocolate to butter combination. Add in vanilla and beat till mixed.
- Proceed to beat combination for 15-20 minutes at medium velocity, including eggs in separately spacing them about 5 minutes aside earlier than including the following one.
- Pour into Oreo crust and unfold evenly. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Beat heavy cream on excessive, step by step including in sugar and vanilla till comfortable peaks kind.
- Unfold or pipe ready whipped cream over pie.
- Prepare strawberries over the whipped cream.
- Drizzle barely warmed scorching fudge over strawberries.
Tailored from my Finest Ever Chocolate Silk Pie which was flippantly tailored from The Pioneer Girl.
**As a phrase of warning, this recipe does comprise uncooked eggs, which is what makes this a French Silk Pie. Uncooked eggs at all times pose the danger for salmonella so be sure you use recent, refrigerated, clear, excessive grade and pasteurized eggs to scale back the danger. Pregnant individuals, older of us, younger kids, infants and other people with compromised immune programs are at the next threat for getting salmonella.