Consider this as more healthy (and cheaper!) Chipotle bowls you can have all week lengthy. Save time and energy right here!!!
Merely consider this as a Chipolte bowl on-the-go. Besides. You gained’t be clocking in a 1000-calorie dinner catastrophe.
However this bowl has all the greatest flavors of Mexican meals reworked into one handy meal prep bowl with a wholesome stability of vitamins, reducing out the worst dietary offenders!
- The brown rice offers you a strong dose of wholesome carbs and fiber. You may as well use quinoa, white rice, amaranth or couscous in its place grain.
- I exploit rooster because the protein as it’s low in fats and lean. Nevertheless, you could possibly additionally use floor beef, floor turkey and even floor tofu in the event you needed to. Truthfully, with the superb mixture of spices and herbs we use on this recipe, any of the proteins will style unbelievable!
- The black beans additionally present a excessive protein and fiber content material together with a number of different key nutritional vitamins and minerals to take care of wholesome bones, decrease blood stress, and handle diabetes.
- The corn is excessive in fiber, full of nutritional vitamins and offers many antioxidants.
- The key to this bowl is clearly the chipotle cream sauce. I exploit greek yogurt as a substitute of bitter cream as a more healthy base. Add in to that the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, recent lime juice and garlic. This sauce is so good, my associates make an enormous batch and apply it to all their meals!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 kilos floor rooster
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/four teaspoon onion powder
- 1/four teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper, to style
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25-ounces) can entire kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo, do-it-yourself or store-bought
FOR THE CHIPOTLE CREAM SAUCE
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- To make the chipotle cream sauce, whisk collectively Greek yogurt, chipotle pepper, garlic and lime juice; put aside.
- In a big saucepan of two cups water, prepare dinner rice in line with bundle directions; put aside.
- Warmth olive oil in a big stockpot or Dutch oven over medium excessive warmth. Add floor rooster, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, onion powder and paprika; season with salt and pepper, to style.
- Cook dinner till rooster has browned, about 3-5 minutes, ensuring to crumble the rooster because it cooks; drain extra fats.
- Divide rice into meal prep containers. Prime with floor rooster combination, black beans, corn and pico de gallo, drizzled with chipotle cream sauce.