This Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry, with a wedge full of protein and vitamins and minerals to suit you, and a sweet and salty sauce you will want to dive in full, is spot on. It’s completed in 30 minutes and you’ll want to bookmark this meal with easy-to-find ingredients to help you plan your meal as soon as possible.
Chicken is like this magical protein, isn’t it? Shake the wand (or wooden spoon) a few times and viola! – dinner was offered. At least it seems that easy. The chicken is probably a staple in my house (just take a look at my freezer and you’ll see what I mean) and an unexpected crowd on those days and nights when I needed a quick and delicious meal to serve my family.
HOW DO THE CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS STIR FRY?
The first thing I did was to loosen my chicken and cut the boneless, skinless chicken breast into 1.5 inch pieces for easy and even cooking. I put this aside and bought a new, fresh, clean cutting board and knife (this part is important) and cut the asparagus and separate it on a different plate.
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (use a little less if you are using regular)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons corn starch + 3 tablespoons cold water whisked til dissolved
- chopped green onions and sesame seeds, for garnish
- Drizzle a large skillet with oil. Saute chicken 3-4 minutes until browned on the outside.
- Add asparagus to the pan and continue to saute 3-4 minutes until chicken is cooked through and asparagus is tender.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, chicken broth, hoisin, garlic, brown sugar, sesame oil, and ginger. Pour into pan.
- Once sauce begins to bubble, stir in corn starch and water mixture. Stir 1 minute until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, garnish with sesame seeds and green onions and serve.