Indian butter hen is made more healthy + heartier with nutrient-loaded cauliflower! Simply as creamy and flavorful, if not higher!
I really feel like I’m considerably on observe with this new yr, new you scenario. I’m simply 2 weeks late. Sorry, however the pink pepper shells was simply too good of a possibility to go up.
However that’s okay. It’s all about stability, proper?
So it’s one evening of the creamy pink pepper shells, after which one other evening of this completely creamy butter cauliflower bowl.
Stability, stability, stability.
And also you don’t should really feel responsible about these cauliflower bowls in any respect.
Cauliflower is a nutrient-packed powerhouse. So don’t really feel an oz. of guilt while you stability this all out with completely toasted naan, sopping up all that sauce.
I imply, we simply agreed. It’s all stability, no?
- 1 cup basmati rice
- Three tablespoons unsalted butter
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium candy onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1/four cup tomato paste
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups vegetable inventory
- Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper, to style
- 1 head cauliflower, minimize into florets
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/four cup chopped contemporary cilantro leaves
- In a big saucepan of two cups water, prepare dinner rice in response to bundle directions; put aside.
- Soften butter in a big stockpot or Dutch oven over medium warmth. Add garlic and onion, and prepare dinner, stirring continuously, till onions have develop into translucent, about 2-Three minutes.
- Stir in ginger, garam masala, chili powder, cumin and tomato paste till aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce and vegetable inventory; season with salt and pepper, to style. Deliver to a boil; scale back warmth and simmer, stirring sometimes, till diminished and barely thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower till tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream till heated by, about 1 minute. Stir in cilantro; season with salt and pepper, to style.
- Serve instantly with rice.