Basil Pesto Spaghetti Squash Pasta – A simple and wholesome spaghetti squash pasta dinner tossed with basil pesto and solar dried tomatoes.
Blissful Monday! It’s a meatless one, however when you dig into this spaghetti squash pasta, meat would be the last item on yo thoughts. It’s actually, actually GOOD!
You realize what I’ve realized? As long as there’s recent mozzarella and pesto, I might eat grasshoppers in the event that they have been wrapped in it. Kinda gross, I do know, however I’d do it.
In associated information, I simply spent the final 10.5 minutes looking the web for a solution to what number of servings of spaghetti squash am I allowed to eat. Reply: So much. Simply so long as there’s nothing else in it. Bo-ring.
Spaghetti squash food regimen apart, I’m at present content material with mentioned squash in pasta type twirled round in basil pesto, solar dried tomatoes and cheeeeez. It’s the affordable and honest strategy to take pleasure in good-for-you meals.
In addition to, that is full of healthful Vitamin A, fiber and potassium, and because it’s freed from gluten, you’ll be able to eat all of it in only one sitting. KIDDING! Somewhat…
Whereas all that’s occurring, you’ll simply mince some garlic, mix it with a little bit of olive oil, basil pesto and solar dried tomatoes. As quickly because the squash is cool sufficient to deal with, you’ll scrape out the “spaghetti” and toss it with the ready pesto.
Now I’m gonna be actual wiCH you. One complete half of the squash stuffed me up. Full 2 servings of it with all of the great mixture of cheese and solar dried tomatoes was a lot and I didn’t want the rest. My husband was additionally content material, however two hours later, if that, he was rummaging by the fridge and pantry in search of grub… extra like, he was in search of a steak.
Nevertheless, with solely round 325 energy per serving, you’ll be able to positively add extra to that dinner plate. My suggestion? chicken + salad! I’m stuffed with nice concepts, ain’t I?!
- 3pounds spaghetti squash
- 1tablespoon STAR Olive Oil with Contemporary Basil , divided
- 1garlic clove , minced
- 1/2cup basil pesto
- 1/2cup julienne-cut solar dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- salt and recent floor pepper, to style
- 4ounces skinny slices of recent mozzarella
- Warmth 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a skilet; add garlic and cook dinner for 20 seconds or till aromatic.
- Add solar dried tomatoes and cook dinner for 30 seconds, stirring steadily.
- Stir in basil pesto; cook dinner for 1 minute and take away from warmth. Put aside.
- Fastidiously take away squash from microwave and let stand couple of minutes or till cool sufficient to deal with.
- Take a fork and peel the spaghetti strands over the ready pesto; gently stir to mix.
- Switch the squash pasta again into the squash “boats”, high with cheese, and put it below the broiler for four to five minutes, or till cheese begins to soften.
- Take away from broiler, drizzle with remaining olive oil and serve.