This chicken Alfredo is baked in the oven, baked chicken and penne pastas, thrown with cream sauce, then topped with cheese and cooked to perfection. A comfortable dining classic which is perfect for feeding a crowd!
- 12 ounces penne pasta cooked in salted water according to package directions
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided use
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 3 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the milk and cream, then simmer, whisking constantly, until sauce has just thickened.
- Add the parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella to the milk mixture, along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir until cheese has melted.
- Place the pasta and chicken in a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the top, and toss to coat evenly.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared pan, and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until pasta is bubbly and cheese has just started to brown.
- Sprinkle parsley over the top, then serve.
Calories: 644kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 160mg | Sodium: 569mg | Potassium: 414mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1385IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 465mg | Iron: 1.7mg