This pearl couscous salad is the essence of autumn! Fried butternut squash pieces, tons of sweet cranberries, walnuts, all stuffed with Israeli couscous and a dijon salad dressing.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups dry pearl couscous, (cooked to package directions)
- 3 heaping cups baby spinach
- ½ cup EACH: thinly sliced red onions, dried cranberries, and toasted pecans
- 3 tablespoons EACH: orange juice and honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 425ºF. Place the diced butternut squash on a baking sheet, toss in olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread squash out in an even layer. Roasted squash for 20-25 minutes total, tossing halfway through or as needed. While the squash is roasting, prepare the couscous according to package directions.
- DRESSING: Add the orange juice, mustard, garlic powder, honey, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a mason jar. Screw on the lid and shake until combined. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- ASSEMBLE: In a large bowl, toss together all the ingredients of the salad with the dressing and serve. Alternately, you can dress only portions of the salad and refrigerate the rest in an airtight container.